Today I want to solve a specific problem that many of you may be facing. We will learn”How to fix an iPhone iPad stuck in recovery mode?” without panicking.
Once you are finished with this article you will be able to get your iPhone iPad out of recovery mode. This is a common problem, even I too had it in the past with my iPhone. So why not write about it and be of some help to you guys.
There are few factors which may trigger this problem. I will list them all here. Just do not panic if your iPhone iPad stuck in recovery mode. As you may break the iPhone iOS. Please read this article carefully before you do anything to your iPhone or iPad that got frozen in recovery mode.
Your iPhone iPad can get stuck in recovery mode if:
- iPhone iPad get stuck in Recovery Mode loop after an attempted update to iOS 11/11.1/11.2/11.3.
- You purposely initiated recovery mode to resolve a problem.
- You’re trying to jailbreak your iPhone and it all went wrong.
Also Read: What To Do If Your iPhone Is Disabled?
What is Recovery Mode In iPhone iPad?
If you can’t update your current iOS in iPhone, iPad or iPod you have to use Recovery Mode to get the task done.
Not only this, if you ran into any issue on your iDevices you may want to run Recovery Mode to restore your iPhone via iTunes firmware restore and fix the issue.
So Recovery Mode is a backend process that is used by almost all phones mainly to update the firmware or restore the phone to its previous state.
How to fix an iPhone iPad stuck in recovery mode?
If your iPhone stuck in recovery mode there is a chance you may lose all your documents and data and also the settings you have made on your iPhone.
In that case, iPhone backup is a life saviour. If you enabled iPhone backup through your iTunes you can easily restore all your documents and data with all the settings. It can be a problem if your iPhone Backup is too old. Because you may still lose some data that you have not backed up after your last iPhone backup.
But Wait! Don’t get sad. We have the solutions to get your iPhone out of the recovery mode.
Method 1: Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with iTunes Restore
So as stated earlier in this guide, if you take regular backups of your iPhone/iPad via iTunes you will not lose any data.
- Force restart your iPhone iPad: To do this press Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for around 15 seconds until your iPhone iPad turns off. When it does just leave the buttons.
- Turn on your iDevice again: After doing this if your iPhone iPad still stuck in recovery mode then move to the next step. (The screen will show an arrow pointing to iTunes icon)
- Update iTunes on your Mac/PC: This step is very important. Just Open iTunes on your Mac/PC and navigate to iTunes > Check for Updates. Download the latest version and install it on your computer.
- Run iTunes on Computer: Run iTunes and connect your device via the USB cable. When you see “iTunes had detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.” just click OK.
- Click on your device icon on the menu.
- Select a Summary tab on the left, and click “Restore iPhone” on the right panel. Now restore your iOS device to the previous state when it was working. Read here the Ultimate Guide To Backup & Restore iPhone.
We have one more method to kick-back iPhone stuck in recovery mode. We will update it soon here. Bookmark this page to return to it. Till then stay tuned…
Leave a Comment